About ADHD

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Welcome to my BLOG about my pasion for retro mountainbikes and everything around that. I love to read your comments in the GUESTBOOK (on the right side) or email me : basads (at) gmail (dot) com thanks for reading, Bas

Sunday 16 August 2009

Nishiki Alien SP - 1992



Dan already guessed it ,..it's a Nishiki Alien SP designed by Richard Cunningham
Got this one yesterday and now thinking what to do with it,....it's in a bad shape,.... :(
Except for the rear derrailleur it looks completely original.
Here some pictures, it's looks better on the picture then it really is, there is some serious corrosion underneath the paint.
Might want to strip it from the paint , polish and then clearcoat it,..

Will tell some more soon about my connection with the Nishiki Alien and some history about the Nishiki Mountainbikes



3 comments:

Milo said...

If I were repainting it, I would use exactly the same color. I personally adore chartreuse things.

Do you know if the headsets on those frames were 1" or 1 1/8"?
I have procured one, but I do not have it in front of me right now... it's in far more need of a repainting that yours, for sure.

OLD-METAL said...

Hi Milo,

this one had a 1 1/8th headtube.
I am thinking of repainting this in the same colour.

Please send me a pictures of your's to bas @ old-metal (dot) com

Bas

Unknown said...

MY FAVORITE BIKE OF ALL TIME. LOVED THE GEOMETRY, THE WELDING, THE TUBULAR FRAME.....I OWNED THIS BIKE IN THE MID 90'S AND I REGRET SELLING IT TO MY COUSIN. I WANT IT BACK..