About ADHD

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Welcome to my BLOG about my pasion for retro mountainbikes and everything around that. I love to read your comments in the GUESTBOOK (on the right side) or email me : basads (at) gmail (dot) com thanks for reading, Bas

Friday 3 April 2009

When 6 becomes 9

Browsing the internet i came across this site : http://www.dreambike.com/69.htm

I always had a soft spot for a MUSTACHE bar and found this site where they offer conversion kits, for quite a lot of money by the way,..
and also conversion kits for 26" to 29" (if the 6 was a 9)

What they do is the put adapters on the original canti stuts which allows you to use 29" wheels instead of the original 26" wheels.



if you look at the previous post about the update of the Fat and compare it with this picture, a similar Fat Titanium you see the differences.
It kinda looks cool, it is a nice way to use 1 frame for 2 different looks and feel.
I might want to try it in the near future.
A Mustache bar will get there sometime for sure,..i think that looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool,..
Also other bars like the Love bars form Groovy and the Jones bars are bars i want to try someday

8 comments:

FC said...

Retrobike UK needs the , changing for a . in the link on the right

OLD-METAL said...

oeps!,..thanks,..is fixed now ;)

Casper said...

I almost won a Jones bar recently for my build. Unfortunately mt bid wasn't high enough. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160315032463&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:GB:1123 )

Luckily I didn't win it because I have absolutely no idea where to put my Grip Shift shifters...

OLD-METAL said...

hahahaha,..
that was the same Bar I went for 2 ;)

i would like to get is for the Serotta,..now i am going for a Groovy Luvhandle
I have made a diposit a few months ago at groovy for a custom stem for the Yo but since i do not have that anymore i will chance the order into a Luv handle bar...

B

OLD-METAL said...

Casper,..you have seen who made the highest bidding on that Jones Bar?
Guess who retro-defiant is ;) hehehehe

casper said...

damn you!!


hahahahaha


LOL

Dan O said...

Those bars do look cool.

I almost bought a Bridgestone X0-1 back in the day - complete with those bars.

I've thought about putting some WTB drop bars on my Yo Eddy and reinstalling the Manitou 3 fork I have.

Sort of a Tomac tribute...

OLD-METAL said...

Hi Dan,

that would look great on the Yo i guess.
Are you going to race it heavy?

Bas