About ADHD

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Welcome to my BLOG about my pasion for retro mountainbikes and everything around that. I love to read your comments in the GUESTBOOK (on the right side) or email me : basads (at) gmail (dot) com thanks for reading, Bas

Sunday 9 November 2008

Paul Components


Another company I just love for their parts in PAUL COMP. (just click the title and you will go to his current internetsite)
My first part from Paul I bought many years ago at Kapteijn Tweewielers in Amstedam, back in 95 i guess.
It was a silver rear mech, it ended up on the Serotta ATX (before the complete rebuild) and i used it for many years.
When i rebuilded the Serotta i changed the colour scheme, so the silver one was replaced by a red paul comp mech.
Unfortunately the red one was broken, i think during a crash or so, a part broke so i had to take the part from the silver one and replace it with the part from the red mech.

Since then the silver mech is not usable which is a shame because for 1) these parts are a work of art; 2) extremely expensive, and deserves a nice place on a bike.
I got a tip on retrobike that there is a rear mech in silver for sale on Ebay in the US,..it is broken but the part i need looks to be still on there so i will start bidding and hopefully win the mech so i can use the rear mech again,..
This is the part from eBay ;


Other parts from Paul i have are the Levers on the Fat Chance; Levers in red, The gorgeous Motolite v-Brakes in the rare red colour on the Serotta.
And I also still have red front mech lying around but untill the moment i have found the conversion set to make it a down pull i can't use it,.. :(

No comments: