About ADHD

My photo
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Welcome to my BLOG about my pasion for retro mountainbikes and everything around that. I love to read your comments in the GUESTBOOK (on the right side) or email me : basads (at) gmail (dot) com thanks for reading, Bas

Sunday 2 November 2008

My favourite bike; the Serotta ATX


I guess i will start with the bike I am the most fond of.
Actually I should have started with this OLD METAL blog the beginning of this year because this bike would have kept me blogging for a couple of months.

I won't be telling here the whole story, well maybe, but not for now,..
This is the Serotta ATX which i bought many years ago form new, and had a total rebuild by the Serotta Factory the beginning of this year.
It started as a Purple/Yellow frame but when i had the choice i went for a total new colour patern; Glossy Black and Candy Apple Red,..faded.
The suspension fork i had in it got replaced by a Tange Swithblade and all parts got replaced by NOS or at least as close as possible to new; with a colour matching scheme and custom parts collection.

this is the result, and the bike is 95% finished.
The only part which need to be replaced right now is the front mech; currently a XTR Shimany, but i bought a matching to the rear mech, a Paul Comp front mech but the one I have is a top pull, and I need a down pull,..so if you read this and have any tips? don't be a stranger ;)

This bike was entered in the UK based Retrobike forum BOTM competion and voted Bike Of The Month last September.

No comments: